Who we are
To spread the WORD OF GOD, connect and support the community and fulfill the Great Commission.
To lead people from all walks of life to Jesus Christ and into membership of Jesus Christ’s family in the Filipino Christian Fellowship.
What we believe
Disciple and nurture young believers into Christ-like maturity, equip them for their ministry in the church and their mission in the world in order to magnify God, including the following:
- To worship and serve God and to fulfil the Great Commission of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19-20);
- To bear fruits that remain (John 15:16);
- To help and support our fellow workers in Christ in New Zealand and the Philippines;
- To minister to the needs of the members and the community as the church is able to do so; and
- To do any and all things related to and in connection with the carrying out of the objective and purpose herein above set forth.
Principles of Faith
- We believe that the Holy Bible is the inspired by the WORD OF GOD, without any error, the all-sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine and Christian living.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ and that He is true God and man. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore was lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man’s salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from works, and is possessed by anyone who has faith in and receives Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
- We believe in a regenerated church membership: that is, persons old enough to understand their need for Jesus Christ and, of their own free will, have accepted Him as their personal Lord and Saviour.
- We believe that baptism is by immersion and the Lord’s Supper is a memorial to His suffering and death on the cross. These are ordinances to be observed by the Church in its present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means for man’s salvation.
- We believe in the personal, bodily, imminent, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His second coming inspires believers for a dynamic and zealous life and service for Him while waiting for His return.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven, and the everlasting punishment and separation from God of the unsaved in hell.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit. A believer needs to seek and expect the promise of the Father and to become a brave witness in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are to be manifested in the Church and empower the believer to do the work of the ministry.
- We believe in the divine healing as an integral part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that marriage and family are divine covenants instituted by God that need to be respected and guarded.
- We believe in the autonomy of the local Church. The Church shall manage its own affairs and shall not be subjected to any other religious body or organization.
It started in 2006 when a small group of faithful believers of Jesus Christ gathered together in worship, instruction of the word, fellowship and evangelism. This fellowship was a non-denominational group with the heart to follow and obey the will of God. They prayed earnestly for God’s will to be done here in Palmerston North and in the same year the Filipino Christian Fellowship was born. And on May 10 2016 a church was born and grow under the grace of God.